+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pressure Test Equipment

1. Join Date
    Jan 2005

Pressure Test Equipment

Anybody have a favorite cyl. head pressure tester that really works well?
    I am asking for opinions and recommendations because I'm tired of fighting my old tester,it is more of a stumbling block than a money maker.
    I have not mentioned the brand that I use because someone else may think it's great.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2004

We use one we bought from Peterson. It was made for them by Axe. It is a pretty simple and fairly easy to use machine. It came with 30 plates and we have made a few more. It is quick to set up . We are happy with it.
    Larry (LSAMS)
    Larry Smith Automotive Machine Shop

3. Join Date
    Nov 2006

AXE Pressure tester

We use an AXE, best $7,000.00 we ever spent. FAST! My employees can have a head on it and under water in just a couple minutes. And with the heads submerged in water it is EASY to see bubbles. Highly recommend it.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2006

Delta 6000 ?

Any comments on that pressure tester ? I'm looking to buy a pressure tester within a month and don't want to make an expensive mistake. Thanks.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2004

I have an older delta tester set up I think the AXE unit is way better. The one I have has too many little pieces and I think takes too long to set up.
    The current ones revolve horisontally but I think the AXE or Peterson is the better set up with all the plates

6. Join Date
    Jan 2005

I now use a Peterson tester that works well for me.
    I previously used a PressureLuck with many plugs and very time consuming.

Lonnie

+ Reply to Thread